ZEROHOUR Extra NEWSLETTER:
Champion Chats in the Eastern Region, occur on the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. ET via Zoom. Champions and volunteers are invited to take time to connect with one another, stay updated on zero programs and events, and gain support from other passionate members of the prostate cancer community. If you are interested in becoming a Champion or joining a Champion Chat, reach out to your chapter staff!
- Join zero in the upcoming Capital Area zero Prostate Cancer Run/Walk on Saturday, June 17th. This race shows community support through raising funds and awareness for the many patients, caregivers, survivors, and physicians that are active in the fight against prostate cancer. Register today as an individual, team, or as a volunteer!
- Join zero at the Memphis Run/Walk on Sunday, April 2nd at its new location, Shelby Farms Park. We are excited to have our Host Partner, The Urology Group, P.C. join us in the fight. Register today as a sponsor, team, or volunteer!
- Join zero as we return to Atlanta for the Run/Walk on Saturday, April 15th at Chastain Park. We are excited to be back in the community supporting our patients and their families. Register today and help join the fight to end prostate cancer!
- Join zero at the Cincinnati Run/Walk on Saturday, June 3rd at the new location of Voice of America Park. Register today and join presenting partner Cincinnati Cancer Advisors in the fight against prostate cancer.
- Join zero at the Hartford Run/Walk on Sunday, June 4th at Dunkin Donuts Park. Register today and join host partner Hartford Healthcare Tallwood Urology & Kidney Institute in the fight against prostate cancer. The Hartford Yard Goats mascots will be in attendance this year along with yard games, a kids dash, prize drawing, and much more!
The Bold for Blue Awards were held at the 2023 zero Prostate Cancer Summit on February 26, honoring the passionate champions who have made a bold impact in the fight against prostate cancer. Congratulations to the below awardees in the Eastern Region!
- Congratulations to Dr. Jackie Crowell, winner of a 2023 Bold 4 Blue award for efforts with her DIY KanJam Tournament, raising more than $10,000 to help bring awareness to early detection. Jackie also supports prostate cancer patients in her everyday life as a licensed physical therapist, helping patients who struggle with urinary incontinence after prostate removal.
- We would also like to recognize Legacy Awardees - Susie Schlernitzauer, and Jonathan Schwartz. Congratulations to our PCAM Impact award winner, Darrell Sabbs. Also a huge shout-out to zero Board Member Sandy Maxey for receiving yet another Bold for Blue award this year.
- Congratulations to our Top Team Captains: Megan Robertson, Alan Hosack, Team Nikituk, Pat Forsburg, and Robert & Catherine Chapman who all received a Bold for Blue award. Also, congratulations to Legacy awardee, Robert Ginyard.
East Coast Metro
- Congratulations to our Bold for Blue award winners, Michael Dunne, and Wendy Zweig.
- Cincinnati's Steve Abbott is the winner of the Caesar Blevins' Warrior Award. Steve Abbott is a zero Champion and prostate cancer survivor who gives true meaning to the word "warrior". Steve spearheaded the 2022 Cincinnati Run/Walk and emphasized the importance of having a community event that can truly unite the prostate cancer community.
East Coast Metro
- The seventh annual Blue Jacket Fashion Show, founded by fashion designer Frederick Anderson, and marketer Laura Miller, took place on February 1, 2023, at Moonlight Studios in New York City. The show benefited zero and our efforts to raise awareness and funding to support prostate cancer patients, improve early detection, and reduce mortality. You can watch the playback of the show on the zero YouTube channel! In conjunction with the Blue Jacket Fashion Show, zero partnered with Mount Sinai to host two free prostate cancer screening events.
- Mark your calendar for June 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th to enjoy a New York Yankees game as part of their Men's Health Awareness Nights! Your discounted ticket will also include a food and drink voucher (a hot dog and choice of beer, water, or soda), as well as a Yankees Men's Health Awareness Hat! $5 of every ticket purchased will go back to ZERO! Go to this link and enter promo code "ZERO" to purchase your tickets today!
- Purchase a ticket to attend the Philadelphia Flyers game on March 17th to raise funds for the 2023 Philadelphia Run/Walk hosted by Midlantic Urology! We have a goal of raising over $100,000 again this year, and your ticket purchase will help us get one step closer to crushing that goal!
- Huge congratulations to a fantastic event in Atlanta as the Fashion Group International - Georgia Chapter in partnership with Dillard's hosted a watch party for the Blue Jacket Fashion Show. After the watch party, Atlanta held their own special fashion show that included ZERO's very own champion, Don Williamson, who walked in the show himself. The event was a huge success and helped bring awareness to prostate cancer and the need for early detection.
- The first ZERO Tee-Off in the South Atlantic Chapter is in Myrtle Beach on April 23! We're excited to partner with the Carolina Urologic Research Center, and our ZERO Us TOO Strand Support Group to put on the event. For more information and to join us visit the Myrtle Beach Tee-Off website.
East Coast Metro
- Calling all New Jerseyans! There are two Tee-Off events happening soon in the East Coast Metro Chapter! First up is our Edison Tee-Off on Sunday, March 19, at Topgolf Edison. A couple months later will be our first annual Mt. Laurel Tee-Off on Sunday, May 7, at TopGolf Mount Laurel. Get your friends, family, and co-workers together for a great time and to help us put an end to prostate cancer!
- Grab your shades because it will be sunny in South Beach as we have our Miami Tee-off return to Topgolf Doral on April 30th. Join the festive Cinco de Mayo themed event with your family and friends as we have a great time with a live DJ and silent auction, all in an effort towards the fight to end prostate cancer.
A zero Thank You
Honoring Healthcare Workers
National Physicians Week is March 25-31 and National Nurses Week is May 6-12. We honor these individuals on the front lines and behind the scenes who strive to keep us healthy!
Thank you to all of our amazing practice partners who share our mission to end prostate cancer. With heartfelt appreciation, we salute all of the caring medical professionals who make a difference for patients and their families each and every day. ZERO is proud to partner with accredited continuing medical education (CME) providers to offer prostate cancer CME hours.» View our Medical Partners Page
|Make sure you keep getting emails from ZERO. Add email@example.com to your address book or safe-sender list.|
515 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
This email was intended for
© 2023 ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer. All rights reserved. ZERO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.