ZEROHOUR Extra NEWSLETTER:
The Bold for Blue Awards were held at the 2023 ZERO Prostate Cancer Summit on February 26, honoring the passionate champions who have made a bold impact in the fight against prostate cancer. Awardees are included in the champion spotlight below.
- Upper Midwest Champions, Alex Parker and Trevor Cohen, received a Bold for Blue award at the annual Summit for their work on the Mustachio Bashio event. In addition, we are excited to recognize Baird and Warren Macey for their fundraising efforts during the 2022 Grow & Give campaign.
- ZERO Champion Bill Miller received another Bold for Blue award with his work on the Des Moines Tee-Off event, helping to raise over $40,000 in 2022.
- A Bold for Blue award was given to ZERO Champion, Ed Varney, for his outstanding efforts in a successful 2022 Pros4Care Golf Tournament, which raised over $30,000.
- A huge shoutout to ZERO Champion, Tammy Holbert, who is leading a new virtual caregivers support group for newly diagnosed patients this year. For more info on all of ZERO's support groups, click here.
- ZERO Champion and Race Director, Sara Barron, from Napa Valley, joined us in Washington, D.C. for the Summit to advocate for you, your sons, fathers, uncles, grandchildren, and generations to come. This was Sara's first time going to the Summit to meet with representatives to speak about her dad, Pete, and share his story to inspire change in our health system.
- This Run/Walk season, we welcome Kenosha, WI! This will be the first ZERO Run/Walk in the state of Wisconsin, and we are so excited to partner with UroPartners, LLC on a second event! The event will take place at Harbor Park in Kenosha on Sunday, May 21.
- We are excited to welcome Associated Urological Specialists to the ZERO Joliet Run/Walk. They will be joining longtime host partner Advanced Urology Associates to combine their efforts on prostate cancer awareness. As co-hosts, they will work together for the common cause! The event will move its location this year to Hickory Creek Forest Preserve in Mokena, IL, on Saturday, June 10.
- Adult Pediatric Urology & Urogynecology joins ZERO once again to host our Run/Walk in Omaha, NE on Saturday, August 5.
- We are looking forward to another successful Tulsa Run/Walk. ZERO joins Urologic Specialists and presenting partner Oklahoma Surgical Hospital on Saturday, June 17, at the River West Festival Park.
- We are kicking off the Run/Walk season in the Pacific Northwest Chapter with Reno and Portland! The ZERO Run/Walk will be at Idlewild Park in Reno, NV, on Sunday, May 21, for the first time. We are excited to partner with Urology Nevada and welcome their Race Director, Sendy Ramos-Hernandez!
- The Portland Run/Walk is going to be at Elizabeth Caruthers Park - South Waterfront on Sunday, June 25. We would love to have you join us this year.
- We are excited to kick-off the Southwest Run/Walk season in sunny Los Angeles on Sunday, June 18, at Shoreline Aquatic Park in Long Beach.
- Join ZERO at the Salt Lake City Run/Walk on Saturday, June 17, at Historic Wheeler Farm. Register today and join presenting partner Summit Urology in the fight against prostate cancer.
All Central/Western Run/Walk websites are live. To find your local run/walk site, click here!
- On Saturday, February 18, ZERO's Black Men's Prostate Cancer Initiative continued the Prostate Cancer in the Black Community film series in Austin, TX, to raise awareness about prostate cancer disparities amongst the disease. Thank you to Dr. Nick Freidberg for speaking on the panel and Urology Austin for supporting the event.
- ZERO will attend the Juneteenth Family Festival in June 2023 in Beverly, IL. UroPartners, LLC will join us to give out Free PSA screening blood draws. You can find out more information at https://juneteenthfamilyfestival.com/
- The seventh annual Blue Jacket Fashion Show, founded by fashion designer Frederick Anderson and marketer Laura Miller, took place on February 1, 2023, at Moonlight Studios in New York City, with live streaming events in Dallas, TX and St. Louis, MO. The proceeds benefited ZERO and our efforts to raise awareness and funding to support prostate cancer patients, improve early detection, and reduce disparities. Check out the fashion show on ZERO's Youtube channel.! In conjunction with the Blue Jacket Fashion Show, ZERO partnered with Mount Sinai to host two free prostate cancer screening events.
Des Moines Tee-Off
The Central Midwest kicks off the 2023 event season with the Des Moines, Iowa Tee-Off event, hosted by KIA Des Moines at Legacy Golf Club on Monday, June 5.» Sign up for the Tee-Off in Des Moines
A zero Thank You
Honoring Healthcare Workers
National Physicians Week is March 25-31 and National Nurses Week is May 6-12. We honor these individuals on the front lines and behind the scenes who strive to keep us healthy!
Thank you to all of our amazing practice partners who share our mission to end prostate cancer. With heartfelt appreciation, we salute all of the caring medical professionals who make a difference for patients and their families each and every day. ZERO is proud to partner with accredited continuing medical education (CME) providers to offer prostate cancer CME hours.» View Our Partners Page
515 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Join our mailing list to get the latest in prostate cancer news, events, advocacy, and community!
© 2024 ZERO Prostate Cancer. All rights reserved. ZERO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.