Grow & Give is a great way to engage your colleagues in November to come together and beard up for an important cause impacting one in eight men. Set up teams and enjoy some office rivalry while helping to end prostate cancer.
Early detection saves lives. The five-year survival rate of men who detected the disease early is nearly 100%. However, many men don’t go to their routine check-ups or talk to their doctors about their risks. So, we're calling on all coworkers around the country to beard up this November and spread the word about prostate cancer.
This is a great idea for our team! How do we get involved?
Awesome! We're excited to have you on board.
- Create a team page for your office.
- Invite your coworkers to join — women can participate too, just takes a bit of creativity. Fake mustaches for selfies, pay-in for a casual Friday, a primo parking spot for the top performers; you get the idea.
- Set a fundraising goal that will have a meaningful impact for prostate cancer patients and then get creative with your social media photos and donation requests.
- Follow the Corporate Teams Leaderboard on the Grow & Give homepage to see how your team stacks up against other companies around the U.S. — bragging rights are at stake here.
- Share this campaign as part of your corporate social responsibility initiative.
How should I bring it up to my boss or staff meeting?
Let us help! Show your boss that not only does this fundraising go to a great cause but it’s also easy and great for boosting team morale. We’d be happy to provide a short presentation to you and your boss, answer all your questions and explain the impact your team can make for prostate cancer patients and their families.
This is cool. Can we get our product involved?
Heck yeah! Email Shawn K. Supers (email@example.com) to chat about how your brand can go beast mode in the fight against prostate cancer. ZERO - The End of Prostate Cancer is a bona-fide national 501(c)3 charity, and we partner with companies big and small to increase awareness while raising funds for research and patient support.
For example, Hop Valley Brewing spreads the word by featuring their fall Bubble Stash beer in November and donating a portion of sales proceeds to ZERO. Zinburger's Pumpkin 'Stashe Shake is an annual tradition, rev share, and a tasty way to make a difference. Wahl Grooming uses its social media reach and product to help turbo-charge fundraising. The list goes on; take a look at our corporate partners page to get your creative juices flowing and see how your business can have an impact.
Where does the money go?
ZERO puts every donation to good use. Funds raised through the Grow & Give campaign benefit prostate cancer research, patient programs, and awareness outreach. Together we've made a significant impact on the fight against the disease. More than 85¢ per dollar goes to programs and activities, and we have the best-possible 4-star rating from Charity Navigator.