2018 ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk - Cleveland
Tools & Tips
The money you raise drives our impact
You have taken the first step toward ending prostate cancer and spreading awareness in your community by registering for your local Run/Walk! The best way to support men and their families is to raise funds through your personal fundraising webpage. Did you know that 84 cents of every dollar donated to ZERO goes to programs like research, early detection, education, and advocacy? You can be a fundraising hero to families fighting today.
Fundraising Tips and Tricks
- Kickstart your fundraising with a personal donation. Set an example! People who make a self-donation raise three times more than those who don’t!
- Start early and begin with asking just four people for $25. Remember that you’re not asking for money for yourself, but rather asking people to donate to help end prostate cancer and alleviate the suffering of men and their families.
- Share with your friends and family on social media to encourage them to match your donation. Use the Facebook Status document above to help you.
- Use your Participant Center to send out emails. Participants who utilize the email tool and send it to at least 15 people typically can raise more funds towards helping end prostate cancer.
- Personalize your fundraising webpage with a story and picture. Don't have a personal connection to prostate cancer? Meet some of ZERO's Heroes here.
- Connect the cause to a Facebook Fundraiser. Your ZERO Run/Walk participant center can automatically create a fundraising post in Facebook, letting friends and family give without ever leaving their social network feeds.
- Download the smartphone app. The ZERO Run/Walk app lets you send messages via email, text, and social network, stay up to date on your fundraising progress, update your personal page, and more. You can download it for free on the iTunes App Store or from Google Play.
- Educate your potential donors about prostate cancer. 1 in 9 American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. The biggest risk factors are sex, race, and family history. Click here for more prostate cancer facts and stats.
- Remind people that you are still fundraising and need their help to end prostate cancer. Most people will need to see your request at least five times before they donate.
- Getting close to your goal? Change the amount to something higher! Your friends are more likely to make a donation if they think it will get you closer to your goal.
- Whenever a friend or family member makes a donation, tag them in a special Facebook post that publicly thanks them and encourages others to join their lead.
- Want to double your donations? Read about matching gifts here.
Prostate cancer affects 1 in 9 men; take the challenge to raise $250 this Week:
Day 1: Sponsor yourself $30
Day 2: Ask three relatives for $20
Day 3: Ask six friends for $10
Day 4: Ask five coworkers for $10
Day 5: Ask five neighbors for $5
Day 6: Ask your spouse or partner $25
Day 7: You've raised $250 - share your success with your friends and family!
Need more help?
ZERO’s National Events Team is ready to help you!