Alexandria, VA PD
One in nine men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer, including more than 174,000 throughout the U.S. this year alone.
This November, Alexandria Police Department is putting down the razor and picking up the cause by participating in the Grow & Give campaign with ZERO - The End of Prostate Cancer. Together, we can end the suffering of prostate cancer, but we need your support.
This year Alexandria Police Department switched charity groups because ZERO is a locally run charity with it's office in Old Town Alexandria! ZERO is a top rated organization and gives in numerious ways to men and families in need of assistance.
Join our team! Your participation will help raise awareness and your donation will help fund research, patient programs that go directly to helping men and their families, free testing, and educational programs.
Female employees will be allowed to dyed a blue streak in their hair not wider than one inch in width or wear a specified colored ribbon:
• Light blue for Prostate Cancer
• Pink for Breast Cancer
• White for Lung Cancer
• Royal blue for Colon Cancer
• Purple for Pancreatic Cancer
• Yellow for Bladder Cancer
• If the female employee chooses to wear a ribbon, contact the event coordinator by October 25th for procurement.
Male employees must maintain a professional appearance of their facial hair at all times. Facial hair must be trimmed in a uniform manner and kept neat for court purposes.
• Facial hair must not extend down the neck below the bottom jawline; neck jawline must remain clean shaven.
• Facial hair may not exceed a length of ½ inch growth or thickness.
• The mustache portion must not allow the hair to hang over the upper line of the lip.
• All facial hair must be its natural color only.
• Facial hair must be a full face beard or a goatee.
• No extreme beard styles are authorized: chin straps, soul patch, etc.
• No extreme goatee styles are authorized: horseshoe, Fu Manchu, etc.
• Goatees without a mustache are not authorized.