Sacramento Prostate Cancer Support Group
The Sacramento Prostate Cancer Support Group is participating in the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk because it is so important to:
- Increase prostate cancer awareness in our community and
- Educate men and their loved ones about this disease
- Raise money to support these goals
Team leaders, Beverly Nicholson, RN, a prostate cancer support group leader since 1992 and Bill Doss, a prostate cancer survivor/advocate know that the ZERO RUN/WALK provides us with an excellent opportunity to reach those goals.
You probably know the statistics ---one in nine fathers, sons, husbands, brothers, partners, and friends will be diagnosed with prostate cancer, including 24,550 men in California this year alone.
There are 2 ways to help:
- Join the Sacramento Prostate Cancer Support Group team or start your own team.
- Support our efforts by making a tax-deductible contribution
We hope to have a large team this year, so please invite other cancer survivors, your family and friends to join us. Your donation provides much needed funds for research, education and awareness, and patient assistance for prostate cancer patients in our local community.
Team up with us to fight prostate cancer; you’ll feel proud knowing you’ve helped save lives.
We welcome competition so, if you prefer, start your own team and we will see you at the starting line!